Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Catch-up

So if you haven't read the news: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/05/12/iraq.soldiers.killed/index.html  Go to this website, it tells what happened.  I am ok, no worries.  The stress clinic is about a mile from where I work, give or take.  We did not hear the shots, but when we were driving home after work, we saw all the cop's cars and the building was taped off.


On to a lighter note:


I purchased a small amount of protein mix and have been trying to stay motivated enough to workout as often as possible.  For dinner I am eating a big salad with VERY little dressing, chicken on the side, and skim milk.  For lunch I have a wrap with turkey, swiss, pickles, lettuce, and peppers (I am going to cut out the cheese).  If I workout in the morning, then I don't go to breakfast.  And I have a protein shake, and maybe ask someone to pick up a few hard boiled eggs for me (I don't eat the yolks).  I am trying to stick to that to see if that will help me lose some inches from my stomach, along with a ton of working out.


When I go to the gym, I start with my normal warm-up: 3 sets of back extensions and overextended sit-ups (set of 20, 15 and 15 reps).  then I do 3 sets of pull-ups (10, 5, and 5 reps).  And finally for my warm-up hanging leg raises 3 sets of 10 middle and 5 on each side.  After that I move onto my main workout, it could be upper body with dumbbells, core workout, or lower body.  Then I move onto some cardio on the elliptical.  When I workout in the morning it is usually to go run.  **Starting the day with cardio is always a good call**.


Work has been ssssssllllloooowwww...  Today I swept the outdoor pad, it had a ton of dust on it.  It was almost pointless to do, because the wind will just blow more dust in.  But it was something to do.  I also helped fill in a hole.  There were a couple of other small tasks, but I can't remember them right now.


While I was sweeping the pad, I was thinking about being home and sweeping out my carport.  All that was missing was the the TV and an ice cold brew in my hand... and the car port and cooler weather, and a family inside waiting to spend time with me...  That kind of made me miss home, but I'm used to not being home.


That is all for now, I miss and love all of you!!

No comments: