Sunday, October 24, 2010

E-mart trip

I went to the E-mart which is like a Korean wal-mart but with excellent service! If you want to use a cart, you have to pay 100 won, which is like a dime or so. However, when you are done, you get the dime back so it isn't that big of a deal. I was going to get some recycling bags for our apartment so that we would remember how to separate the recycling. Also I wanted to get some training chopsticks for Maddox. The trip to E-mart wasn't difficult at all. I got there and started wandering around to find what I wanted.


I mentioned the excellent service. At the end of each aisle they have employees standing there holding whatever product is on that aisle. Also in the food aisles they have samples on almost every aisle. AND to top it off there are people walking around to help you.


After circling the store both upstairs and downstairs. I realized that the music playing in the store was English. To top it off if was Guns and Roses 'Every Rose has Its Thorn'. Such a great song. i started singing along and kind of dancing as I walked. As the chorus started there they were! The recycling bags were right in front of my eyes! On the next aisle were the chopsticks. I was super excited. Afterwards I walked through the grocery section to see what the prices were like on instant coffee. I can get it cheaper at another place that I know of.


When I got back to the base area, I timed my walk from the gate to the apartment. It was about 10 minutes give or take. I stopped at 7-11 on the way because I wanted to make sure the apartment had toilet paper. There is nothing worse than not having toilet paper, you never know when you are going to need it! I also stopped to talk to a guy in my apartment complex that was taking his trash out. He seemed like a nice guy and said that the apartments were nice there and that people were nice in the area.


I dropped off the bags and the chopsticks and took note of shower curtains and checked to see if there was anything else that we might need for the apartment.


All in all, it was a successful trip. I want to take Leslie there when she is here, mainly so that she can see more than just the base, but also because I think it will be a fun trip.

No comments: