Saturday, September 18, 2010

Free beer and good friends

Friday night my friend Jody was in town. Jody and I were stationed here at Osan together back in 2007. He has since gotten out of the military and become a contractor. He travels all over but we usually miss each other. One time I went TDY down to Robbins AFB (where he was working and living at the time), the day I got there he went to Langley AFB (where I was stationed). We just missed each other and might have actually been in the airport at the same time.
Jody and Me


This was the first time we have been able to meet up. We went and got a beer at a place called Corner. Oddly enough the bar is on the corner of a block, who would have though? This bar just like all of the other bars has beer, soju, pool, darts and loud music. However, Corner brings something a little extra, something no other bar has here. The bottom of their beer mugs unscrew and ice drops out of them. This comes in handy for throwing! When you finish your beer, a waitress unscrews it and walks you over to the throwing line. She then hands you the ice. You throw the ice at the wall and if you hit the sensor the lights flash and everyone congratulates you! Then when you get back to your table, they bring you a free beer. Its great, but not too many people are able to hit it. When I finished my beer, she walked me over and handed me the ice. I threw it and all of a sudden the green lights all around it started flashing. Everyone congratulated me and when I got back to the table she brought me a fresh beer! It was great. However, when I threw the second piece of ice I missed the buzzer. I was about half a foot off... Oh well.

No comments: