Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yet another week of randomness...

Work has been busy this past week, we got some more people in, and the role of training has fallen upon me.  Any why not, I am the lowest ranking.  Since I am the lowest ranking, I am also in charge of making sure the office is clean before we leave for the day.  How is it that I am in charge of making sure everyone is trained correctly on everything AND I have to take the trash out... whatever, I do it all with a smile on my face.  Before anyone else got here, I sat down and typed out exactly how to do everything that we do, step by step.  I had people that don't do my job and have never used the system that we use, go through everything using my checklist and operating procedures... everything worked perfectly!  I was pretty happy about that.  However, now the people that I actually have to train for this are asking me to walk them through everything step by step, I mention that there are operating procedures and they should read through those, but we don't have the time for that sometimes.  Whatever people are learning and it is known by my superiors that I am doing work above my pay grade.  Although Im not officially in charge, everyone comes to me with their questions on how things work.  I am not trying to toot my own horn, but if I seem short it is probably because at times Im doing more work than everyone else combined here.


There was one point this week when I was training three people on three different positions, while trying to do the work for my position and I was helping someone back at langley with an issue that he didn't know how to fix...


Saturday I went and played tug of war and threw water balloons with some kids.  That was fun.  During tug of war, I got rope burn on my hand, and one day when I lifted, I forgot to put a band-aid on it, and it started bleeding.  I decided to stop lifting since I was bleeding.  I figured that I dont need to spread my blood all over Iraq!


I have been working out more, I am trying to run when I wake up (between 1000 and 1200) and go lift when I get off of work around 0100.  For the past week all I have been eating are Wraps, chips, V8 and gatorade after I run.  This morning I got up around noon and ran, then I went to the chow hall and decided to get real food.  Today was Spaghetti day, so it was a good day to eat real food!  I also got a pepsi in addition to my V8.  I never thought that I would like V8 so much... But man is it good!!.  And it goes great with a sandwich or a wrap.  My wraps have had honey mustard, swiss, turkey, green peppers, pickles, and lettuce on them.  They are good!


Saturday night when my roommate and I got home from work, there was a note on our door saying that the maintenance guys were coming to replace our lights and wiring Sunday morning.  Since we were planning to sleep until noon or so, we put a note on the door that we were day sleepers and they needed to wait until 1300 to work in our room.  I dont know if they read the note and complied, or if they just didn't get to our room until later in the day, but they came and started working around 1400 or so, I was gone, but I gathered info from multiple sources (its what I do, what can I say).  Monday we had to sleep until noon again because of our shift, so when someone knocked on the door at 0900, I was pretty upset.  My roommate answered the door and the the maintenance people said that they needed to double check all of the work and it should only take a few minutes.  Nick tried to tell them that we were sleeping because we had to work, but they insisted.  So he let them in, I pulled the sheets over my head to block the light and tried to stay asleep.  However, there was a heard of people stomping around my room flipping switches and turning lights and the A/C on and off and talking to each other in three different languages.  I don't know when they left, but I do know that I wasn't happy.  I woke up around noon, got dressed and was heading to the gym to workout (usually Nick and I dont lock our door) when I tried to open the door, it wouldn't open.  I was still half asleep and had my eyes shut to block the bright sun and couldn't figure out how to open the stupid door.  I finally got it open, and as I woke-up more and realized that I was locked in my room from the inside, I had to laugh. 


That is all for now, I must continue my day of sitting on my bed relaxing...  I hope that everyone is doing well back home, I miss all of you.

No comments: