Thursday, September 27, 2012

Another Beer Tasting

Tusker
From Kenya (I think)
ABV:  4.2%
Price:  2500 Shillings for 500ml ($1.01)
Warnings on Bottle:  (1) Store in cool dark place (2) Excessive consumption of alcohol impairs your judgement:  Do not drive or operate machinery (3) Not for sale to persons under the age of 18 years.
Description on Bottle:  Together.  Foever.  When you open a bottle of Tusker you are joining the world in celebrating one of Africa's great original beers.  Tusker has been brewed with care, craft and love since 1922.  Every crisp, clean mouthful summons up the taste sunshine and love of the life of its African roots.
Ingredients:  Water, Barley, Malt, Cornstarch, Sugar, CO2, and Hops

My first impression was that it doesn't have much flavor.  I've only had this beer once before, I remember it being a hot afternoon after a long day at work.  But, I do not remember it tasting this worthless.  I am almost upset that I paid a buck for this beer!  I think that the best part of this beer will be getting the deposit back on the bottle.  I just took another swig, and it almost has a fruity after taste.  This is probably a good beer to drink while doing yard work.

I bought 2 of each beer for this tasting and Im not upset that my boss stole the second Tusker.  That should tell you a lot about how I feel about the beer...  Although I would like that deposit back on the bottle.



From Uganda (apart of Nile brewing company)
ABV:  6%
Price:  2300 Shillings for 330ml ($0.92)
Warnings on Bottle:  (1) Store in cool dark place (2) Not for sale to persons under the age of 18
Description on Bottle:  Brewed with dark roasted malt and a touch of lactose milk for a rich creamy head and smooth taste
Ingredients:  Water, Malt, Maize and Hops

My first impression was the fact that I had never had a "milk" beer before, so I was slightly scared.  Then I poured it and thought, man that thing looks amazing.  Then I took a sip, ver dark, very heavy, very flavorful, and a hint of milk on the finish.  I'm not sure if I like that or not...  This is definitely not a beer that you sit around and get drunk on.  I notice that the front label read:  "Rich, Dark, and Creamy"  and I was thinking, "I like my women like I like my beer... rich, dark and creamy... hehehe (I'll get in trouble for that one).  After that beer, I'm ready for bed.

No comments: