Sunday, November 8, 2009

Best welcome home gift ever!

Before I left Iraq, Mary started asking me what kind of food I wanted in the fridge and pantry when I got home. I couldn't really think of anything that I wanted...

When I got home, after many hugs and kisses, Mary gave me a tour of the house for the first time (in person, I had a webcam tour once or twice). On the dining room table Mary had a handle of Captain Morgan waiting for me. Captain Morgan is my favorite alcohol. Also a package of beef jerky (I HAVE THE BEST WIFE EVER).

Saturday afternoon (roughly 12 hours after getting home) Mary asked if I wanted a snack, she had 2 bags of a favorite chip of mine. Popchips... delicious, expensive, but delicious! Then she asked if I wanted to grill for dinner. Of course I wanted to grill, but I wasn't sure if we had stuff to grill. She opened the fridge and showed me a package of 2 steaks roughly an inch thick and full of flavor and beefy-ness! Like I said, I have the best wife ever!! She also showed me that she bought coke for my rum, and frappachinos for me to drink.

That is all, no more posts for tonight.

No comments: