Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time to run

Well nothing has changed at work, still alot going on...


I have been training for a half marathon (running it on the 5th of SEP). Last week my roommate and I ran from our room to Al Faw Palace (Saddam's big palace), past the AF house (Saddam's daughter's palace), then around the Perfume Palace (Saddam's brothel), then back to the room. The Perfume Palace is near the Victory Over America Palace... You see how that worked out for Saddam! We ended up running 10.7 miles in just over an hour and a half! Afterwards my right foot was bothering me, the next morning my foot was swollen and bruised. I took some motrin and gave it another day. The next day at work, my foot was bothering me all day, I decided to go to the TMC (Theater Medical Clinic). They took my blood pressure right away, but I didn't see anyone after that for an hour. The Sgt asked me to take my boots off so he could look at them, I warned him that I just got done working and they might smell. He gave me alcohol wipes to clean my feet. The doctor came in and looked at it, I had x-rays taken and they said I probably just stressed some tendons. He told me I should take a few day off from running and ice it. Well I forgot to ask him how I was supposed to ice it, so that didn't happen. I ran again for the first time tonight, just 2 miles to see how it felt. Everything felt fine and I plan on upping my mileage tonight, I have less than 2 weeks until my half marathon. I tried taking some pictures while I was out running but it was dusty out so they don't look very good.


That's pretty much all thats going on here... I'll talk to you guys later!

No comments: